Machining Error

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Machining Error

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Hello Everyone,

Well this figures I'm on my last part and get an error saying ( While radius compensation is on, the current command cannot be executed.) I've checked my code and there is an odd place where the program goes from one operation to another and should change tools but doesn't give the T6M3 command. Instead there is an M242 command which I can't find reference to in any of my manuals. Any help is great.

Thanks
Forrest

Ps. I could renest just that part to see if it works.
I'm running 4.89
Bill Rutherford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Bill Rutherford »

Forrest,
I have seen a similar error, something along the lines of while radius compensation is on a arc to line intercept calculation has failed. I have found that if you hit OK on the error screen and press start again, nine times out of ten it will continue without a problem. Please be ready to hit E-stop just in case!! I have been working with Ryan a bit on this issue so if you could send him your file along with a note it may help.

Bill Rutherford
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Forrest,

The M242 is a ghost macro that can be deleted as long as it is in the program and not in the tool change macro. Make sure that there isn't an M00 after the M242 macro. Then you should be able to run the last sheet without problems.
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Bill and Jason,

Thank you both. I thought this might be a freak code, I guess thats what happens when we want machines to think for themselves. Still wondering why
it didn't do a tool call for the second operation. Jason there was an M00 after the M242 but I'll remove it before I run. Thanks for your help and please read my next post.

Forrest
Bill Rutherford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Bill Rutherford »

Sorry, did not read the missing tool call; next time I will read the entire post before responding.