DXF Part List

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Dave Burtchell

DXF Part List

Post by Dave Burtchell »

We've been trying to implement the \"Add DXF Part List\" feature on 4.90 that allows us to use an Excel spreadsheet to add part, cabinet and job names to the labels, but we've had no success so far. (We've only tried a couple of tests). I think our problem lies in the File Path field. Is it case sensitive? I see on the help page that rolling_nest uses underscore, yet the control uses Rolling-nest, hyphen. Havent tried underscore yet. Tomorrow. We keep getting a message that says something about no ISAM.
Has anyone else been able to use this feature to get more info on the labels? We are excited about it. Hope we can get it to work.

Dave
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Dave,

Keep us informed on your progress. I am also looking forward to this feature but have not tried it yet.
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

It works!!

We were having a problem with the excel spreadsheet/ DXF part list feature. We kept gettig a message \"couldn't find loadable ISAM\" or something close to that. Today, Ryan sent us a DAO file to load onto the controller. Don't know what it does but it fixed the problem. We can now put lot's of info on the lables.

Thanks Ryan and everybody else at Thermwood.

Dave
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Glad that it is now working for you Dave! Thanks for the feed back.