Custom Layout Problems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Derrick Monson

Custom Layout Problems

Post by Derrick Monson »

1. When selecting a cabinet or item in Custom Layout, about 40% of the time the design will disappear. I can still see the tool bars and information area. I have to click on the display area a few times and the design comes back. This happens in both the Overhead/ Main View and the Elevation/ Wall View.

2. When placing cabinets in the Overhead/ Main View, place mode is align to back, they do not always align to the wall. The walls are 4" thick and it looks like if the cabinet is positioned properly, the information box will say it is 4" from the wall. When the cabinets are not positioned properly, the information box will say they are 3" or 5" from the wall. I assume the program is measuring from the outside of the wall. Can I change this so it will state the position relative the the inside of the wall?

3. In the Overhead/ Main View, I can't seem to rotate and spin the room.
Attachments
Job Attachement.zip
(551.82 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Gateway E6100 / Pentium 4 / 2.8GHz / 2.56 GB RAM / Radeon X1950 Pro XGE 256MB / XP Pro
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Custom Layout Problems

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Derrick,

Have you updated your graphics card drivers? Your job behaves fine for me.

There is a bug in the position on the floor measurements in the overhead views. Hopefully this will be resolved.

Kerry
Derrick Monson

Post by Derrick Monson »

I rebooted my computer and it seems to work fine now. I should have tried that before posting. Drivers are up to date.
Gateway E6100 / Pentium 4 / 2.8GHz / 2.56 GB RAM / Radeon X1950 Pro XGE 256MB / XP Pro
Derrick Monson

Post by Derrick Monson »

I still do, however, question why the cabinet locations are in reference to the outside of the walls. I don't see how the locations even relate to the X and Y axis that are shown. I could see it being very useful.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Derrick,

I am not sure the overhead view position on floor has ever worked properly. (it shouldn't reference from the outside of a wall) It could be very useful. This is being discussed on a couple of other threads also. Maybe there will be some improvement here.

Kerry