Problems with door editor.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Nute

Problems with door editor.

Post by Rob Nute »

Hi there, I have ecabs on my laptop and its always been a bit tempermental so I thought I would have another go at fixing it. The main problem is with the door editor, the program regularly crashes when I try to edit or create doors, it also seems to have lost all of its profiles in the Conestoga tab and when you click on Conestoga an error message comes up saying

'c:\programdata\thermwood\ecabinetsystems\Html\current6.htm was not found'

If I click on any other choice, slab etc, then it just crashes. Another maybe connected issue is when I go into the room settings and try to change the wall colour, it crashes.
Trying to do other things like create cubes etc it seems that my image list has gone so I cannot chose any images or colours.

I can create a display board and the images seem to be there for the sheet stockbut if I go into my materials and try to alter the shet stock image I get the same message mentioned above.

I have not used ecabs for a while as I have moved countries but want to resume using it and have some designs in need of sorting so would love to get it running smoothly. Its on a Toshiba Sattelite P300 PSPC4A running Vista 34 bit with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650. I have run the update as a repair and it made no difference.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance, Rob
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Problems with door editor.

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Rob
I am using the Toshiba satellite L510. It runs eCabs........okay.
I don’t know why, sometimes it seems to run better than others. But that’s not logical is it?
On larger jobs I often save and close as advised by other users, which can save grief and seems to keep it more stable.
I wouldn't like to cut back on any of my specs as I think it would impact more on performance.
But it's what you get used to.
Even though my unit is a dual core I don’t think eCabs uses any dual core capability.
I like the portability of the laptop; it’s a lot easier for me to carry the job I’m working on around
I don't seem to have issues in the areas you describe but I have given up on the bench top editor (It’s been so long since I went in there I forget fully why) but something I do causes it to crash.
Hope this was useful to you
Attachments
Toshiba satilite.JPG
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Rob
the little research that I did on the HD3650 seems to indicate that it is OK for gaming but does not do well with CAD applications. I would guess this might be part of your problem. You might play with hardware acceleration a bit.
Heath Doty
Company Name: Jahabow

Post by Heath Doty »

Try to isolate the problem too. I've found that often times I need to run eCab's, SolidWorks, Exel, Photoshop and perhaps Outlook or other software at the same time. For some reason, eCab' doesn't like that combination. I think it doesn't like SolidWorks :) They are probably both fighting for processor cycles and mathematical computation cycles and most certainly the graphics processor.

If you haven't already, try running eCab all by itself, see if that helps. Plus all the normal recommendations apply... make sure your bios is up to date, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date, blah, blah, blah.

Good Luck!

Heath
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Rob,

First, run the latest eCabinet Systems install file and choose the repair option (I know you mentioned that you have done that). Then,download the file in the link below. Next, with eCabinets Systems shut down, run the file you downloaded to install it. This will install some redistributables that you are missing. You should then be able to select the door source without crashing.

http://www.thermwood.com/download/Temp_ ... 6_3079.exe
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Rob Nute

Post by Rob Nute »

Thanks everyone, I will give it a go. It seems that my graphics card is not the best , also I have learnt that ATI had some agreement with the laptop manufacturers that make it hard to actually update the driver, also the hardware acceleration option is turned off. Here is a link to one of my options that I tried but with no success, when I check my driver afterwards its still the old 2008 one, ahhh!

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

Anyway I will keep trying and do the things suggested by Scott , why do I always end up buying things that are a slightly wrong and need changing- houses, cars, bikes, laptops!

Rob
Karin Sasse

Post by Karin Sasse »

Hi Rob

Nice to see that youre still using ecabs. I started having trouble with the door editor a while back, the latest update fixed it.
I will send you an email soon, just stay in touch.

Thanks Ferdi
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Rob,

Don't give up yet. Scott's suggestion may fix everything. It is best to get laptop drivers from the manufacturer. Go to the toshiba site and under support you can enter your model number, operating system etc. and get the latest drivers.

Kerry
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Please try Scotts suggestion. It has worked for other people reporting the same problem.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900