2 glitches in one Drawer lock dado predrill and stretcher rotation

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nicholas Kiss
Company Name: Clearcut

2 glitches in one Drawer lock dado predrill and stretcher rotation

Post by Nicholas Kiss »

Hey so I have another problem this time it's with drawers, specifically the programmed predrills for these drawers

so we made a kd/rta pattern that resembles predrills for lock dados, just simple 1/8 predrills and we have no problem anywhere with this pattern except for specifically the front right/left and back right/left dados on only the drawers
I'll link the following cabinet and the dbx.hsf file

The predrills show up and look ok until you nest and you can see that they disappear

one thing that i would note is that typically with lock dados there is a lock dado tenon in the construction parameters which is 11/16 which seems to just add interuption making the dado smaller so just for the sides because they could get pretty small (down to 3 inch high) we take away the interuption, and it's only the ones which have lock dado tenon set to 0 which have the issue

extra side note: this cabinet that i'm linking has another issue that i had to work around which just happened after the update to 6.2.10.3;
The stretcher for this sink base cabinet is rotated 90° and i couldnt flip it back to normal
so what i did was select instead of updown stretcher a frontback stretcher and used the stuck 90° "glitch" to my advantage and flipped the dado from front to back

and it didnt let me add the .ptn file for you guys to look at but u can recreate my predrills by making a 1/8 dia hole like this with the depth set as you see
Predrill.PNG
Attachments
Slanted Servo Drive Box under sink.hsf
(618.02 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Test For Ecab forum.esj
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 118 times
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: 2 glitches in one Drawer lock dado predrill and stretcher rotation

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Nicholas.
The predrills show up and look ok until you nest and you can see that they disappear
Yes I can see where they disappear.
Its interesting to see how others use the software.
I haven't created a drawer with your settings to mess around with to explore, but
I wonder if you put a 1mm gap in there in the drawer construction parameters if it would still disappear? it probably would machine very similar