ERROR: Edge Banding Has Wrong Body

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Todd Reinke
Company Name: Kivalo Fine Cabinetry

ERROR: Edge Banding Has Wrong Body

Post by Todd Reinke »

Hey All...
Noob to eCabinets...old school to SolidWorks+MasterCAM.
Currently running Ver. 6.2.10.4

I've nested my batch cabinets and all was fine. But then I changed the material sheet size in an effort to decrease waste.
I then get an message "error: edge banding has wrong body".
Can someone advise what happened.

Thanks
Lost in Space
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: ERROR: Edge Banding Has Wrong Body

Post by Mark McCallum »

Yes, I have had that one popping up just recently. I don't what has changed. I have been busy, so just ignoring it, I haven't noticed it causing cutting problems yet.
Ingbert Kilian
Company Name: Loeven Morcel

Post by Ingbert Kilian »

Hi

It happened to me also sometimes, the same situation.

It may work if you close eCabinets, empty the trash pin and restart eCabients again. It worked for me sometimes.
Chris B Campbell

Post by Chris B Campbell »

Still having error message, I was hoping it would go away with update.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Chris
I had a random thought on this.
Check to see if all your edging materials have an image assigned to it.

I had named a material for edge tape called none with a zero thickness.
Somehow it lost it's image as in the picture.
(I reloaded it from another job that I knew had it on it to show you.)
edgeband 2.png
I have now deleted that material from my edging list.
I have created another material called no edging to replace it.
Now when I load a previously designed cabinet with none edging, I replace it with no edging which has an image.

I haven't worked out if it was the problem or not. But worth a look at.
Also in the image below, There is the system None and the created None available as a edge banding selection.

I think the system None was added in after we had made cabinets using a material called None, but I cant fully recall if that was so.

I have attached a single piece that only has 1mm edging on it.
When you first load the piece into the cabinet editor, it it asks to add the edging material None.
B Top tall.hsf
(492.02 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
(the designated drawers are 1mm edging, The doors, no edging ) But the default drawer front if you check it in the door / drawer editor it wont load, because it comes up with the error message, image not found. There appears to be nothing wrong with it until you load the the default drawer front.
So perhaps look into those assigned selections and see if they are giving you problems.

I'm not sure if theses ramblings are of any help, but maybe you might find something that helps.

edgeband-3.jpg

PS. And seems we are talking edge banding to go slightly of topic.
Clint if you notice the costings for edge tape is by the foot. In the 1st image, edgeband 3 is $1.00 / foot, but the length is by the meter as shown in the image below
Its just a little confusing if you are not aware if it.
Attachments
edgeband-4.jpg
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Guys.
I have been unable to work out what is going on with this problem and its such a distraction.
Is it just me or are other users seeing the same things?
Would it make any sense to delete all materials and recreate them as units are re-selected?
I don't particularly want to redo all our units and assemblies.

Ive spent hours trying to track this one down.
At times I thought it was drawer box edging , but I cant seem to pin it to that.
So I thought I spend more than few hours on Sunday to try and track it down.

Of course, I can't get it to reproduce from a seed cabinet, but Ive spent a couple of hours trying.
While trying to track it down today I batched four example cabinets.

I started by making one clip. Then I made a second to show how it affected 4 units differently.

The first clip shows some of the error messages that are becoming more regular.

The firsts cabinet in the batch is the one I used to make the first video where I worked out that the load default button shows up or exposes the anomalies.
I made the second video to show how the for units express the anomalies differently.
Maybe they can help the programmers but I haven't been able to work out the trigger yet.

This job file has 4 units and they all have a missing something associated with doors and drawer fronts, edging or something bodies.
4 cabinets, 4 senarios.esj
(7.79 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
One of the triggers to notice what is missing, is in the door drawer selection tab when you can click "load default".
If you don't select that button, you can bypass that there is a message of corrupted information.
Often I don't think it affects anything, (apart from having to redo door and material selection) It seems to cut okay, Dados and size wise, but other times, it seems the hardware holes that are affected.
Sometimes it seems to show up with the edge banding error, other times hardware holes or handle holes disappear, you fix them, then they remove elsewhere.

I can have what seem to be perfectly good units and create a batch by modifying and saving back to the batch or into folders. Its the reloading or opening when the changes possibly happen. We try and fix them when we notice them.
However often half the job could have been cut and reworking the batch can just complicates things unnecessarily.

1st video [youtube]https://youtu.be/9lk0OJ8WUZM[/youtube] 3.53 minutes
The materials have no grain, (just the image for the 13mm compact lam does)

I had created from a library unit 2 cabinets with default drawers and doors from a previously used old material ( 13mm compact lam 3660 x 1540mm ) without edging, saved it to door library, designed two cabinets and saved them to a folder, and closed ecabs.
Restarted ecabs
Loaded the attached seed cabinet that had the correct doors and drawers applied.
pressed D to enter drawer / door editor.
Selected door drawer selection to confirm correct selections
Receive error message. error creating outline segments (notice both the drawer and door have no edge banding)
I decided to recreate the drawer front, so select another old material that we have used before. (13 LARGER plain compact laminate 3660 x1830mm)
When I select the new material at about the 35 second mark, I select the reset view to reflect the new material change.
It come back with some error messages.

Notice that it now has edge banding selected, also the preview size reverts from the set size to the default size.

Also notice the field for drawer materiel is blank and the error message "material image not found".
(Its there, because that is the material that shows up in the new view)
I mess around for a bit trying stuff. and decide to just add the drawers anyway.

I put on 3 drawer fronts but the error message comes up 5 times.
The error message at 1.09 min refers to (not found in banding stock data base for a slab)
I decide to replace the drawers with doors.
Load the default door, error messages pop up and go through the same sequence of changing to a different material and at about the 2.10 mark again the banding materiel is now selected,
I change the material back to the original 13mm compact laminate and set default, figuring I will just see how it nests because it sometimes works.

Reload the default door selection at about the 2.45 mark and its now saying the edge banding material is not found.

The size for the edge banding that it is indicating is 3640mm by 1540 which is the size of the board selected for the door.
Reset the default door and it applies okay.

Taking those cabinets I can change the default doors by not selecting load default, but going straight to select source, select slab, select directory, select door,

The second video [youtube]https://youtu.be/J2xmf7AvIsc[/youtube] 3.45 minutes

I have taken 4 different units that have 4 different door materials.
Some have different drawer materials.
They have different edge profiles and edge tapes.
Every unit manifests its door or drawer error differently.
The second unit door has lost its segments and cant be eyeballed, the drawer should display as 180 H x 450W but eyeballing it it looks looks like 300H x 450 wide.

Sorry for the long post.
But I would really like to track down what causes this issue. Hence time spent on the weekend.
If its not just my computer that is random, Anything anyone notices could help point the programmers to where the glitch is occurring.
Another error message that popped up
A differentr error message.jpg
Thanks
Mark
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Question to Mark after that last post. What kinduv coffee you guys got over there? :lol:

My take on the missing body error is it's so random it's probably related to operating system updates or glitches. I don't remember it ever causing a real problem but it would happen more so on drawer box parts than anything else.

One of the fixes in the latest update for banding on assemblies (not multiplying according to batch quantities) did cost me a big chunk of money last year.

The banding thickness change on doors when writing twd is a big problem too. I'm going to have to make all new banding list with 0" thickness unless Ecabs is planning on changing it soon.

Forrest
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Question to Mark after that last post. What kinduv coffee you guys got over there? :lol:
Hi Forrest
Ha Ha
Its the quantity. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If thats what 4 cups looks like, wait until you see 6.... : :lol: