Catherdral Doors

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Catherdral Doors

Post by Leo Graywacz »

I guess in all my time using eCabs I've never needed to put a cathedral or curved top door into a kitchen. Well now I'd like to and I don't see any easy way to do it. Is there no option in the door area to have a curved top panel in a rectangular door?
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Catherdral Doors

Post by Scott Marshburn »

Hi Leo. Are you wanting a five piece door or a Mdf door? For five piece doors, in the door designer. select Conestoga then standard. The CRP 30 is an arch and the CRP 20 is a cathedral. If you are going to build them in-house you can set up the specs in the details for cut list. Alternatively you can select Thermwood as the source and choose the arch or cathedral door in there.
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Re: Catherdral Doors

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Thanks Scott. It's just presentation and I'll be building them in the shop. No need to tell the program how I'm doing it as I just need the render to show the client. I guess I'll search through the Conestoga list a little better. I ended up just doing them in the MDF area because I could get the look I wanted.

I knew it had to be in there somewhere. I've just never needed to use it and couldn't find much with the search other than the door designer and all I wanted to do was plop a arch top door on my cabinet.

:beer:
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com