Modify Fence Offset for Flip-op

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Daunte Smith
Company Name: Innovative Wood Worx

Modify Fence Offset for Flip-op

Post by Daunte Smith »

Hello all,

I'm a new operator on and old machine, a CS45 that has seen A LOT of action. The pop up pins are less than precise now a days so flip-ops are a guessing game at best.

My question to the forum is it really so simple as running a test part with an off-center feature, measure the difference in diff in Y-axis, divide by 2 and change the YG901 accordingly, repeat till the difference is within an acceptable range?

My hesitation lies in changing the Fence #1 offsets and this effecting more than I realize. We use a few different software to create NC files. Ecabinets, Panelmetrix, F360 and the occasional manual written program.

Thanks
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Re: Modify Fence Offset for Flip-op

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Best way to set your popup pin location is to put a bit with an accurately measured diameter in the machine, and just move the machine until the bit just touches the pin. For best accuracy, once the bit touches the pin, move it just a smidge more so it actually is pushing against the pin a little - just like a sheet of material will do, since the pins do have some flex.

Make note of the location, then add 1/2 the bit diameter to it. You can get flips consistently accurate to less than .5mm this way.

As for the software, different softwares call different offsets. Some use G901, some G902, then there's G52, which can contain many different offsets. Just make sure that whatever offset the software calls has the right numbers.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12