Door Issues again

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Door Issues again

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Nicholas.
I'm sorry to see that. :(
When I have problems like that , Clint gets me to send in the files for the guys to take a look at.

Dare I say it? its not uncommon to have a few glitches until you get it to work by tweaking things.

Also with a door like that I like to run a "test" door on some scrap or cheap throwaway material.
I do it as small as possible just to prove it is machinable.
I don't want to blunt the cutters for nothing and also machine time is a lot shorter for a small test.

And also before we cut a job, Jobs that are a little bit complicated and definitely a job with PE cuts, from my experience, it is always good to do a graph screen after nesting and writing CNC.
Particularly with a complicated door like that. I think Graph Screen runs the program as if it was cutting on the machine, only it doesn't have to actually pick up the cutters to do it. It will throw up the X axis is out of bounds when its checking through the code. (I'm not sure why it doesn't do it automatically before you cut it )
but the graph screen function can save you some expensive material and time.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Nicholas
PS to the above, I forgot to ask, but you might already be doing a graph screen and the program missed it.
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

In the attached unit its a sharknose door with doors from the door designer. It appears that it is possibly affected by the preview size which is 450mm wide and looses the top back profile cuts.

BBQ Sink unit broken doors.hsf
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
The door file that has been saved to the door library
sharknose rev1.hsf
(182.02 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

I can apply the part edits to standard doors via the part editor and resize the cabinet without issues.
The unit with normal doors individually part edited.
BBQ Sink unit.hsf
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
Trad profile 2 is the sharknose profile applied to the top at the back.
I have a 2mm profile applied to 4 edges on the front, I think there is a maximum 4 file upload limit so its not attached.
Attachments
trad profile 2.tol
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 19 times