confused about parameter settings

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Joe Dougherty

confused about parameter settings

Post by Joe Dougherty »

I probably missed this somewhere but I had a problem with a partition. I inserted a partition set the parameters to dado top and bottom and proceeded to construct cabinet. When putting together my end pieces were too long. Check and rechecked and noticed that when I went back to the partition parameters the full dado was highlighted, after reselecting to remove highlight the partition length readjusted and therefore I had cut them too short. What is the correct procedure for setting parameters and is that the same for all settings?
Joe D
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Joe

If you notice certain tabs on Construction Settings say \"Add...Settings\". Those settings only apply for parts added after the setting is changed.

You can, however, change installed shelf and partition settings by first going into the Shelf and Partition Editor then selecting the particular shelf or partition you want to change. After selecting the shelf or partition, go into Construction Settings and set the parameters. When you click OK to leave Construction Settings the part will be regenerated with the new settings.