Changing Door Hinge Location and Edge Banding

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jeff Whippo

Changing Door Hinge Location and Edge Banding

Post by Jeff Whippo »

Wonder if someone could verify there's not an easier way to do this:

Ok, so I have approx twenty cabinets already run through the CNC with exception of doors. Now I'm ready to run doors. Need to make two changes:
1 - change bore distance (edge of bore to edge or door) of standard blum hinge. Need to go from default pattern of 3mm to 6mm. I've already updated the default pattern.
2 - change edgebanding of door to account for different thickness. All doors are the same type except for sizes. Already created the new edgebanding material and changed the door type to use that edgeband.

Now, to change my existing design, it seems that I need to do the following from the custom layout of my job (for EVERY cabinet):
1. Detail View - select the cab and go to cabinet editor
2. Cabinet Editor - go to Door area
3. Delete the doors
4. Reset the Default Door/Drawer (to the same Door/Drawer!) to grab the new door mod with edge band change
5. Do the Hardware selection and reset to the same hinge to grab the pattern change.
6. Re-add the new Doors
7. Back to main area of cabinet editor
8. Return to Room, Applying Changes to Room

Not complaining, but with 20 or so existing cabinets to apply these two changes to, this quickly turns into an hour or so long task.

Anybody have any other ideas/techniqes?

Jeff Whippo
Justin D Melhiser

Post by Justin D Melhiser »

Jeff

I am going to call you and walk you through a few steps to get you what you need.