problem editing cabinet with build 3

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Mark Hesketh
Guru Member
Company Name: Paris Kitchens

problem editing cabinet with build 3

Post by Mark Hesketh »

i am having trouble with one of my cabinets since i installed build 3. i have added this cabinet several times in different sizes into this batch job, and they all work fine... except for one wher i change the width to 10\", use part editor to remove the kick on the right gable, and change the material of the right gable to oak/white. when i go to nest the batch job, everything nests fine except for the finished gable of that cabinet. it is nested without any part editor features. if i go back to edit that cabinet, and enter construction settings, i get an error when i hit ok saying that it will remove all part editor features on the right gable. i have removed this cabinet several times and re-inserted it... even tried making a seperate job containing just this one cabinet, and this problem happens every time. What's going on? i am attaching my cabinet if anyone wants to take a look.
Attachments
KBDOD.zip
(258.11 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

does anybody have any ideas about this problem? Or, for that matter. can anybody even recreate it? I may just be special again... :wall:
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

just ran through it all again. the problem seems to be when i change materials for the right gable... that's when i loose the part editor cuts and all that. though i can't explain why i was able to do it with no problem to the rest of the cabinets in the batch job...
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Mark

How exactly were you removing the gable?

Walker
Mark Hesketh
Guru Member

Post by Mark Hesketh »

Hey walker. I wasn't removing the entire gable, just using part editor to cut away the bottom (kick) to make it flush with the deck. (in part editor, I make a rectangle that extends past both the front, back and the bottom of the gable, and extends 4.5\" up into the gable). This is how we cut our finished gables with a return kick. It has always worked before, and still does most of the time.

BTW, just created another batch today and came up with the same problem on the finished gable end of just one cabinet. The only difference is that last time it was a kitchen height base unit, and this one is a vanity height... so from 2 different seed cabinets.