Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

That was a bad day at the docks, eh?
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

After we got all the \"PICNIC\" problems sorted out, still runs like a charm....

For the non-IT people \"PICNIC = Problem In Chair Not In Computer!\"
This message made from recycled electrons.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

:joker:
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

I'm glad you explained what PICNIC was, I was getting hungry
Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Post by Glenn Van Reason »

I think your getting confused Damon, now you have a Thermwood any work should be a piece of cake !!
This message made from recycled electrons.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Ah, you bring up a very good point!
Chris Robinson
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Chris Robinson

Post by Chris Robinson »

Damon,

We have a Thermwood Model 40 and it's just the wife and I. The machine is has been the best investment we could have made. It has outlasted every employee and has only called in sick once. (Turned out I had made it sick, so I didn't put that incident on it's permanent record!) :lol:

As I'm sure you are aware, placement within your shop will make a great impact on workflow. For us, it's central to workflow. Just make sure to leave you enough room to load from one side and offload on the other.

How'd you like getting that booger off the trailer?! They sent ours on a long truck and there was a very slight decline in our parking lot that lifted the rear of the trailer up enough that the machine wouldn't clear our loading bay door. We had to follow the truck back to the depo and they made ME drive their fork truck and move the router from the long trailer to a short trailer. I was sweat'n bullets! But it all worked out and the Thermwood has never let me down!

Good luck and keep us informed.

Chris Robinson
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Damon,
Welcome to the club! It will be the best employee you ever hired and your shop will NEVER be the same!
If we can help, just call.
Our story of getting it off the truck invloved putting wood blocks under the truck tires to get it to line up with our dock door.
Rob Davis
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Damon,
Welcome to the club! It will be the best employee you ever hired and your shop will NEVER be the same!
Our story of getting it off the truck invloved putting wood blocks under the truck tires to get it to line up with our dock door.
Rob Davis
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Damon,
Rob Davis
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

I dont have a truck dock,plenty of big oh doors but no raised dock. I had to hire a BIG flat bed wrecker, raise it to height of semi, pull and roll my router on the flat bed, then tilt the wrecker bed and slide my router onto the cement floor, that my friends was a day to remember. Luckily in my former life we moved a lot of heavy machinery and I had a couple tricks in the bag....Still about all the stress I would care for in one day!!
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Re:

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Damon Nabors wrote:Oh knowledgable people of the Thermwood world, tell me something. I started putting the shop back together and trying to figure out where the H&@% everything is going to go now. And I was going to put the spoil boards on the table to get them out of the way, and they do not fit the table. Are they oversized and have to be trimed? It fit perfect on the width, but it is a little over 10', maybe 10'-1/8". Not a big deal, but I was just curious.

Damon

Congratulations Damon.

When you say spoilboards, did you purchase extra spoilboards, or are you talking about the spoilboard and wasteboard (1/4" sheet)? The spoilboard that comes with the machine should be the right fit. We do sell extras that are the right fit or we sell them as raw meaning they will be oversized. If it is the spoilboard that comes with the machine, and it does not filt please let me know.

thanks,
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Someone mentioned PICNIC. Can I bring the buns, maybe sodas?

:joker:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

come on Mike, we are going to celebrate when we get this thing fired up.

Jason, Keep in mind this is new to me, and the tech is not scheduled to be here untill week after next. The 3/4\" mdf board is a little too long. If I am looking at it correctly, there is a track with a gasket running around the perimeter of the table. The board looks as if it should slip down into the table and up against the gasket. I have it all the way pushed forward and it fits between the sides perfectly, but its the length that has it pushed up on one end.

I just walked out there again to look. It's almost like the 3/4 mdf is not square. on one corner I think you could force it in there, but on the other corner with the pop up pins, it is sitting up on the aluminum table and likes maybe 1/16 going in. The 1/4\" sheet is larger than the 3/4\", It measures 61 1/8 x 121 1/8. I am curious though. If the 3/4\" mdf has to be forced down in the track ( I did not want to do this without asking), How would you get it back out of there for replacement? If this is the correct size it will be very snug.

Thanks for the help Jason.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

If you are going to replace it I would screw a few screws into the sheet making sure not to penitrate into the table of course but use them.

By the way, I sure would like to be there to see you fire it up... :lol:
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650