Error creating Raw Segments

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Perry

Error creating Raw Segments

Post by Rob Perry »

This is a very simple upper cabinet that I took it to cabinet editor to add crown moulding. Then going back to the main editor in cabinet editor I get a message \" Error Creating Raw Segments\" The doors have now dissapeared ( However they will show up on cutlist )
I tried going back to door editor & I cannot select the door but I can see a door outline. ???? Going back to main screen I get the message again. If I go back to Room Layout the doors are gone.. I cannot get them back
Attachments
Error Creating Raw Segments.hsf
(96.02 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Rob
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Rob

When in the door/drawer editor press Ctrl + A and this will select the doors, then delete them and re add them. Then go back to the main select the cab and select delete part editor cuts from entire cabinet. This will restore your cabinet and you shouldn’t have any more problems with it. Could you give steps on how you created this cabinet so I can track down the problem?
Thanks
Walker
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Rob

Did the slab doors or any part on the cabinet have any part editor cuts?
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

Hi Walker. Yes the slab doors were pocketed to become a one piece shaker door.
I Guess I will have to re-do the pockets after I re-add the doors.
I have been getting this error on most cabinets I try to edit on the job I'm working on. However about 1/2 of the upper cabinets allowed me to add crown & 1/2 did not. Base cabinets would also give this message if I tried to make a part editor cut. It seems strange that its the first job I've had this problem with & I've done a few with the same type of cabinets.

I Made the seed cabinets from the standard frameless.
Changed the doors to MDF Slab & Cut pockets, Saved in directory then installed in floor layout. It is from here I take the cabinet to cabinet editor to
either install crown or make a part editor cut.
Rob
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Rob

Did you add the molding first or did you add the part editor cuts first? The cabinets that are not giving you problems were they added first to the room or last? Also did you use the DCM?

The cabinet that you attached was corrupted but the “remove parte editor cuts” fixed it. So if you are getting this type of behavior from others then most likely they are corrupted to. It may have been something that you did in the room that messed them up. Could you attach the job and tell me what type of changes where made before you started to get this error. Sorry for the inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Thanks

Walker
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

1. Placed all base cabinets.
2. Placed Uppers over Fridge & Range
3. Placed end panels in base cabinets & Fridge panels
4. Took Some panels to part editor to cut pockets for shaker style
5. Placed the rest of the upper cabinets & upper corner filler
6. I had to take all the uppers with double higth doors to the cabinet editor & re-do the doors as the hights of the doors were wrong becouse I resized the hight when bringing them into custom layout.. I'm thinking this is why I was able to add the crown to theze cabinets..
7. Added crown moulding to uppers ( The Fridge upper & Range Upper would give me the error - The others would not ) I left those two uppers for the time being
8. Attempted to Cut notches in Base Sink cabinet top rails for sink clearence - Received error
9. Went back & fixed the two uppers by deleting the doors first then adding crown then re-adding the doors. then took the doors back to part editor to cut pockets.
10. Added Countertops
11. Took countertops to part editor to champher corners & to cut sink hole

The part editor cuts on all the cabinets were done previously and in the library as such.
These are the steps as I remember
Thanks so much for looking into this so promptly. I've learned so much from this forum. and thanks everyone else who has contributed all this valuble information. That is why I am looking into buying a Thermwood instead of on of those other brands...

I Tried attaching the job file which is less than 7mb but I get a message saying \" sorry but i've reached my upload limit of 16mb \"
What do I do to fix this ? Thanks
Rob
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Rob

Go to you profile and click on “user attachment control panel”. Then delete the attachments that you feel are not need anymore. Or you can email the job to cabinets@ecabinetsystems.com and attach a note to forward it to me.
Thanks

Walker
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

I've E-mailed the file but I cannot find a \"user attachment control panel \" in my Profile. Should I go and delete them by editing the posts? I read that in the FAQ ... Thanks
Rob
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Rob, click on your name on the forum index page, the control is on the bottom right. Joe
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Like this...
Attachments
User Control Panel.jpg
User Control Panel.jpg (122.77 KiB) Viewed 6430 times
User Control Panel 1.jpg
User Control Panel 1.jpg (164.4 KiB) Viewed 6430 times
Rob Perry

Post by Rob Perry »

Thanks Guys :D
Rob
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Rob

I believe I have found your problem. I will list a set of steps that cause the issue that I found and please let me know if they sound like something you have done. If you have any questions let me know.

1.) Load a job with 1 framed upper cabinet
2.) take the cabinet to the cabinet editor
3.) Cut a pocket on one of the doors
4.) Return to the room and keep changes
5.) Save the job
6.) Take the cabinet back to the cabinet editor
7.) Change something on the cabinet for instance the width
8.) Press “open New” then press yes to save currant job and yes to apply changes to the room
9.) Load the job you just saved and take the cabinet back to the cabinet editor
10.) Go to the door/drawer editor then return to the main

You should get an Error in creating RAW Segments

This issue will be fixed for5.2, but is this something you did when making your job?

Thanks
Walker
Walker T Scott

Post by Walker T Scott »

Update

The issue I had listed steps for has been fixed for 5.2.

Thanks
Walker