Too Few Parameters. Expected 1

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Too Few Parameters. Expected 1

Post by greg youngken »

When I try to close E-cabs I get this error " Too Few Parameters. Exspected 1 ". E-Cabs V5.2 will not close in a normal way. Any ideas? I was also having some freezing issues a few post down, and the known syntax error, and the crazy negative number deal someone else posted about, A few other blips that seemed to disapear. Other than that it's working great, so for now I'm running my system with all non-essentials turned off . You can tweek window xp sp2 to run on hardly any ram. Thanks for any response
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
Justin Melhiser

Re: Too Few Parameters. Expected 1

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Greg
I think you should put your ecabinets disk in the cd-rom and run it like you are going to install it. Then select repair and see if that helps. Please let me know.
greg youngken

Post by greg youngken »

I tried to run the repair yesterday and got a messege at the end of the process about some lightware missing something and it would not let me repair, I'll do it again and record the specific error I get when trying to repair.
grali.com
Justin Melhiser

Greg
have you tried running the update again? I have seen this before and shutdown ecabients then ran the update again. You would have to remove the update and then run it again for it to install.
greg youngken

Post by greg youngken »

Justin, removing and re-installing the update seems to have fixed things. It's a little scary when you see the pop up saying you are about to remove e-cabs and will no longer be able to use the program. So that is only referring to the update, :wink: not the whole program! Here is a quick question. Will it hurt anything to run windows xp sp2 in diagnostic mode while using e-cabs? I have done this some and it frees up allot of ram by turning off all unnecessary ram users. I have not noticed any side effects, however I have not tried it long term. It gives me a good 1/2 gig or more xtra free ram!
thank you

greg
grali.com
Justin Melhiser

Greg
We have not done any testing on this, we can NOT confirm or deny if this will cause any issues in the long run.