weird movement placing cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Greg Zall

weird movement placing cabinets

Post by Greg Zall »

Thanks for your help last time I hope I am not being to elementary for this forum.

I am placing a cabinet and trying to move it against an existing cabinet as I push shift and up arrow the cabinet jumps a good 12' out side of the wall of the room at a angle to where I want to place it. any one else have this happen?

How would one go about making a finished end on a cabinet with the back rabbited in 3/8"?
Thanks for any help

Greg
Alan Odell

Re: weird movement placing cabinets

Post by Alan Odell »

dont worry about the questions. you are probably asking something that lots of others are dealing with and cant figure out.

I have found when moving cabinets with the arrow key I have to use the "freestyle" cabinet placement mode or my cabinet will sometimes go somewhere never to be seen again.

For the finished end I'm not setting at my ecabinets machine but believe you could use a negative inset on the finished end. hope that helps if I'm off track repost.
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Re: weird movement placing cabinets

Post by Peter Walsh »

Greg,
Check to see what your "move increment" is. Right click your mouse and check that setting. It is easy to mistakenly set that at 12' instead of 12".
Hope this helps. Peter