Rendering causes zoom in

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Don Nichelson

Rendering causes zoom in

Post by Don Nichelson »

When I have a job in layout and choose presentation view the size of the kitchen increases leaving out cabinets. If I position the kitchen in the middle of the screen it is in the size that I want but when I choose presentation view it zooms in. I've tried different things but could not accomplish anything. Also when making a wall that goes from 8' to 12' then back to 8' I can't seem to make anything stick. I tried to enter in the columns where it says left right and center wall heights. Any suggestions please?
Todd Miller

Re: Rendering causes zoom in

Post by Todd Miller »

Don Nichelson wrote:When I have a job in layout and choose presentation view the size of the kitchen increases leaving out cabinets. If I position the kitchen in the middle of the screen it is in the size that I want but when I choose presentation view it zooms in. I've tried different things but could not accomplish anything.
Don,
I would need to see what you mean. I have tried many times to reproduce this issue, but my picture always renders without chopping off anything. Please post the .esj file here or send it to program @ thermwood.com, and I will take a look at it for you.

Don Nichelson wrote:Also when making a wall that goes from 8' to 12' then back to 8' I can't seem to make anything stick. I tried to enter in the columns where it says left right and center wall heights. Any suggestions please?
Don,
Hopefully by "Stick", you mean connect. Be sure to rightclick and set your object snap. This will allow you to draw walls that connect. When hovering over the end of a wall with your mouse button, you will see a dot appear. (This is your snap point) Select the wall at that endpoint, then drag the wall out. Hopefully this answers your question.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Todd,
He is talking about the framing of the views.
You can render an image and get it framed like you want the camera shot (picture 1, pay attention to the upper cabinet on the left) and when you do a presentation view the cabinet is cut off. You must re frame the picture once you are in presentation view.

Don,

Make sure you hit enter after you type the new wall heights

Kerry
Attachments
zoom_01.jpg
zoom_01.jpg (293.79 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
zoom_02.jpg
zoom_02.jpg (251.89 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Don, you can re-frame the view while in presentation mode. After the image has rendered, hold the Shift key and you can rotate the room as normal (though it will be slower and choppier) to reframe it exactly how you need it.

When you release the shift key, the rendering reverts to the previous (presentation) view... now re-render it and it will be framed exactly as you positioned it. The added bonus to this method is you don't have to wait for it to recalculate the shadows.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12