vista problems? newbie questions

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

garett hesketh
Company Name: garett hesketh woodworking

vista problems? newbie questions

Post by garett hesketh »

i know that ecabs isn't fully compatible w/vista but what problems arise?....for me the parts editor won't work. when i click the part the green hatch marks are never complete. when it transfers to editor mode the first move i make clears the screen into solid black, is this a vista problem?..should i try an reload?....also i have another computer that runs XP but its out in the shop w/no internet connection...can ecab be run without the internet?
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: vista problems? newbie questions

Post by Gary Puckett »

Hi Garett,

I only have two problems one is I can't capture an image with the camera, and two is that some words overlap on to the apply button , like in the shelf / partition editor. Fortunately I Know what the hidden button is so I can work around it. The camera problem is another thing that I have to take the image to a room layout and render then I can save the image.

You should be able to run eCab without being on the Internet. Hopefully the Vista problems will be fixed in the new update .

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
garett hesketh

Post by garett hesketh »

Gary Puckett wrote:Hi Garett,

I only have two problems one is I can't capture an image with the camera, and two is that some words overlap on to the apply button , like in the shelf / partition editor. Fortunately I Know what the hidden button is so I can work around it. The camera problem is another thing that I have to take the image to a room layout and render then I can save the image.

You should be able to run eCab without being on the Internet. Hopefully the Vista problems will be fixed in the new update .

Gary
those problems seem minor to mine , maybe i should try to reload, thanks for your reply....when is the new update expected?
Grady Pinckard

Post by Grady Pinckard »

Garett,
I am running vista and I don't have any problems at all with e-cab software. My machine is a basic wal-mart variety Dell. By the same token I don't have to work on large projects so my video card doesn't get overloaded. Maybe one of the good guys will chime in and give you some useful info.
Grady
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

The internet is only required to register eCabinets and obtain updates. So you can install it on the shop computer, but it has to be hooked up to the internet for the registration and update process.

Someone in tech support or another forum user may be able to answer your question about Vista. I've had several Vista users in my seminars and I don't recall having that problem. It seems that problems like that always point to the video card, so that would be my guess.

Dennis Englert
garett hesketh

Post by garett hesketh »

thanks dennis....i was starting to suspect my video card....i am running a sony vaio and you can't update stuff w/ third party sources....i did all the updates to vid card that were available from sony but they don't tell you what they are ....thanks for the info. i'll get on sony and see if i can get the opengl stuff some other way.