Rotate Top

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Rob Davis
Guru Member

Rotate Top

Post by Rob Davis »

We need to build angled top cabinets. See pic.
Can I do this in eCabs with the top or do I need to use stretcher to make the top angle front to back? Follow side does not work under Angle Part
ecabs.jpg
Scott Marshburn
Guru Member
Company Name: Heritage WoodWorks

Re: Rotate Top

Post by Scott Marshburn »

A stretcher woul work best if you need to resize it in the future. How ever a display panel is a lot easier but will not resize with the cabinet.
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Just closing the loop. Made with stretcher. Calculated length using geometry of triangle, added for mitering the edges to vertical. Doors size correctly, etc.
ecabs.jpg
Chris B Campbell

Post by Chris B Campbell »

hi Rob,
Did you ever come up with an easier way to create the slopped cabinet? Display panel you can rotate but won't resize with different width's. Stretcher you can't rotate to match slope. Plus I wanted to use Lft. & Rght. blind dados.
We are getting more and more into commercial work, the standard is becoming the slopped top's.

Have a great day,
Chris
Rob Davis
Guru Member

Post by Rob Davis »

Chris, first picture is actually hard to see but the stretcher is in fact sloped. In our case, we rotate 148 degrees and adjust insets and it worked like a champ! Maybe this is a better picture.
You are correct that this is becoming a normal situation for us as well, especially in anything medical related. That si why I was trying to automate it versus do it offline.
Funny story on this though, recent hospital job they selected a textured laminate. Of course I opened my big mouth and said if you texture the sloped top, it will still collect dust and stuff not to mention hard to clean. They made us but non-textured of same laminate design for tops versus rest of carcass. What a pain!
ecabs 3.jpg