Feature request

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Feature request

Post by Forrest Chapman »

I mentioned this years ago to Thermwood and thought I'd revisit it to get some more user support.

It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to transfer a part edit from one part to an adjacent part it is touching. This would help with cabinet connectors where the sides touch as well as mounting holes from a drawer subfront to the drawer front.

Chime in guys but try and stay on subject :D

Forrest
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Feature request

Post by Mark McCallum »

Drawer locator.jpg
Drawer locator.hsf
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 117 times
Drawer locator.jpg
Drawer locator.jpg (11.04 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
Drawer locator PTN.jpg
Hi Forest.
Is this what you want for locating drawer fronts? Through holes on the drawer box and pilot holes on the drawer front?
I tried to upload the ptn file from the hardware hole editor but it seems to be a forbidden file.
Forrest Chapman wrote:I mentioned this years ago to Thermwood and thought I'd revisit it to get some more user support.

It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to transfer a part edit from one part to an adjacent part it is touching. This would help with cabinet connectors where the sides touch as well as mounting holes from a drawer subfront to the drawer front.

Chime in guys but try and stay on subject :D

Forrest
Forrest,...... You always have to keep a tight rein on me as I'm always off subject :joker:
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

This whole time I thought the pattern moved from the side of the drawer towards the outside of the cabinet. I believe it used to work that way. Thanks for getting me to revisit that.

Forrest
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Forrest
I think they changed that when they introduced the drawer front connector dowel system,
It was in the back or my mind that it could be adapted to do this, but today when you asked the question it clicked into my head. :D
I had also been trying to do it with handle hole patterns, with no success.
See collaboration is a beautiful thing. :beer:

Putting the reins back on :joker: