Magic Doors!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Magic Doors!

Post by Stuart Douglas »

Having trouble with door positioning, maybe its my process- you tell me ;)

Begin with a standard frameless base cabinet. Change the size to 23w, 84h, 18d. Set detached 4" tk. Add a fixed shelf, and position it such that the top opening is 23.375. Apply double doors to this opening, and change the size to 24h, adj bottom. Everything looks great! move to the main screen in the cabinet editor and Viola! they jump down to the middle of the cabinet somehow. This also happens on a seed cabinet that I have created and savedto my library in eCabS.
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Re: Magic Doors!

Post by Mark McCallum »

Hi Stuart
I followed as best I could in metric and it seems okay with plain doors
Some thoughts, attach the cabinet so we can have a look at it.
Are they plain doors?
Do you have constraints on the doors? That was messing with placement of some doors I was trying to attach to a cabinet.
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Stuart Douglas wrote:Having trouble with door positioning, maybe its my process- you tell me ;)

Begin with a standard frameless base cabinet. Change the size to 23w, 84h, 18d. Set detached 4" tk. Add a fixed shelf, and position it such that the top opening is 23.375. Apply double doors to this opening, and change the size to 24h, adj bottom. Everything looks great! move to the main screen in the cabinet editor and Viola! they jump down to the middle of the cabinet somehow. This also happens on a seed cabinet that I have created and savedto my library in eCabS.
Stuart,

We just had this reported by another customer yesterday as well. Seems to happen when you specify a door size rather than letting eCabinets set it. I'll pass the issue on to the software engineers.

-Clint-
Stuart Douglas

Post by Stuart Douglas »

Thanks, Clint. I often manually size doors, when there is stack so that the lock hardware is contiguous about the horizontal elements in a cabinet.
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Stuart Douglas

Post by Stuart Douglas »

Clint, I see that eCabS has an update to 6.2.10.2. I thought I'd let you know that this happens in this version too, for troubleshooting. :P
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Stuart Douglas wrote:Clint, I see that eCabS has an update to 6.2.10.2. I thought I'd let you know that this happens in this version too, for troubleshooting. :P
Thanks Stuart. We should have it fixed in a release coming soon (before Christmas).

-Clint-
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Stuart Douglas wrote:Clint, I see that eCabS has an update to 6.2.10.2. I thought I'd let you know that this happens in this version too, for troubleshooting. :P
Stuart,

Update has been released. You should be prompted in eCabinets and can get the latest from the website. Should be 6.2.10.3.

-Clint-