Short drawer parts

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Steve Unruh
Company Name: Oak Tree Cabinetry

Short drawer parts

Postby Steve Unruh » Thu, Dec 29 2022, 4:35PM

We have an intermittent problem with drawer sides being 1/2" short. The fronts and back lengths are fine. It seems to be a random thing. Some jobs have no problem at all and then we will suddenly have some sides short. Some of the drawers are correct and some aren't, and this is in the same job. We are choosing the same seed drawer (default) that we have cut thousands of times. Sometimes the holes in the back piece are missing as well and this also seems to be random. We built a drawer for blum undermount slides. Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Steve
Oak Tree Cabinetry
Chickasha, Ok.
Thermwood CS 43

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Short drawer parts

Postby Forrest Chapman » Thu, Dec 29 2022, 4:50PM

Hey Steve,

I have experienced this many times and it was always after a major release. My sides came out about 3/8" shorter and only on the ones that were changed in depth. I couldn't narrow down what caused it but as a precaution I rebuild my drawers after every new build. Since we make a lot of drawers for other shops I ended up eating thousands before figuring it out.

Forrest

Steve Unruh
Company Name: Oak Tree Cabinetry

Re: Short drawer parts

Postby Steve Unruh » Thu, Dec 29 2022, 5:35PM

Thanks Forrest! That gives us something to work on. In the drawing, the sides show the correct length. It's when you TWD, nest and cut that the parts are short. We'll rebuild your undermount drawer and try that. Whats unusual is that some of the parts are correct.

steve
Thermwood CS 43

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”