The Nearly Complete Guide to eCabinet Systems

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Re: The Nearly Complete Guide to eCabinet Systems

Postby Jason Susnjara » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 9:31AM

Hi Gerry,

The problem we had with USPS is the uncertantity of the package arriving at the specified address. This was the way we shipped the eCabinet cds (since V1) to everyone in North America and the amount of cds that were "lost" or were sent back was outstanding. I remember having to send multiple cds to the same customer before finally sending it via UPS or Fedex. We will check into this problem and see if there is anything that can be done about shipping into Canada without the extra fees.

thanks,
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Postby Neville Bastian » Thu, Jun 24 2010, 11:45PM

Hi Jason, The problem is compounded to all who live outside the US and are hit with postage and freight costs. When I buy low cost car parts in from the US I have to double the cost almost because of the freight.
I have asked Dennis why we can't buy a PDF but the answer is copyright abuse. The simple answer could be mail merge the document with the person buying the Guide's business name with your copyright terms. If it does get copied its going to be plain who did that and the fear of legal action will stop this occurring. To edit a PDF is pretty difficult for the average Cabinetmaker to do on every page of a 200 page plus guide.
Why not try this for 12 months and see how it pans out. I would imagine it would be a cheaper option for the office staff which may increase sales if it was cheaper.

Just a thought Jason from a overseas customer.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia

Gerry A Brown
Company Name: Old Style Woodwork

Postby Gerry A Brown » Fri, Jun 25 2010, 6:38AM

Hi Jason,

It is unfortunate to hear USPS has become so unreliable. I have had a quite a few items sent through them and haven't lost anything yet. I do usually insure the more important packages though.

Thanks,
Gerry

Ayberk EKSIOGLU
Company Name: Sarp Ins.Mob.San.Ve Tic.AS

Postby Ayberk EKSIOGLU » Wed, Jun 27 2012, 4:02AM

Hi Jason,
I'm Ayberk Ekşioğlu of Sarp Co., a relatively new owner of one of your MTR machinery in Turkey. I decided to invest time in learning as much as I can about how to do things I'm supposed to do with it. For starters, is there any upcoming update on the guide book soon?

Dennis Englert

Postby Dennis Englert » Wed, Jun 27 2012, 6:19AM

The updates to the guide are normally related to the release of a new build or version of eCabinet Systems software. A new release is not forecasted to come out soon. If a release does come out, the Help documentation with the software will identify the new features and will be included in the pertinant topic.

Thanks,

Dennis Englert
Manager of Product Training

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”