Tool Corruption

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Tool Corruption

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Hi guys,

I am experiencing an issue with programming tools on our new machine. We now have two machines - both CS45.

Sometimes it will corrupt a newly programed tool and will return to old daylight values on all tools. I never really noticed that it's changing the daylights too until this morning. We had the actual and the old values recorded and we compared them and it went back to the old ones and erased the last tool that we programed as well.

Are we doing something wrong? But then it only happens on the new machine and we do everything the same as on the old one.

Is there anyone else that has/had the same problem.

Thanks for the help
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Tool Corruption

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

It is possible that your toolman file has been corrupted on the machine that is not holding values or looses them. I've seen this issue occur when a machine control is not properly shut down or when there is severe power surges to the control do to a power outage or lightning storm. However, you will also want to make sure that when entering values in the Tool Manager, that you press the ENTER key upon finishing entry. As far as replacing a corrupt toolman file, the following instructions will apply:

NOTE: If you have not previously made a copy of the toolman file, then you will want to be sure and record all information in Tool Manager of your machine prior to doing the following.

First, Shutdown the THM software > Go into WIN Explorer > Find C:\SYSTEM directory > Find "toolman.thm" file and delet it > "Make copy of toolman.cpy" file > Rename copy of "toolman.cpy" file to "toolman.thm" > Restart the THM software and check Tool Manager to see if your tooling setup is correct.

If you have made a backup copy prior to file getting corrupt all information should be in place upon renaming cpy file. Please contact Thermwood Software Support if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this matter.

email: program@thermwood.com