CS41 Control software version

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

CS41 Control software version

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

The control software version we have on our CS41 is 7.2.1.8. What was the newest version of the control software for this machine, and if it's newer than what we have, how could I go about getting it? All I see on the Thermwood website are QCore updates. Thanks!
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: CS41 Control software version

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jeremy Schiffer wrote:The control software version we have on our CS41 is 7.2.1.8. What was the newest version of the control software for this machine, and if it's newer than what we have, how could I go about getting it? All I see on the Thermwood website are QCore updates. Thanks!
Jeremy,

Prior to version 8.7, whatever version you were on is the version you were on unless you paid for an update. So in your case, you may be able to get retrofits to build you a hard drive with a latest version 7 on it, but it would depend on hardware on your machine. If you can, that would at least get you Machine Variables and built in flycut.

It would be a bit more of a stretch, but you can upgrade to latest and greatest software, same as what is on your 45. Better hardware than what is on the 45 though, a 6 core processor, Windows 10, solid state hard drive.

You can email retrofits@thermwood.com for a quote on either option if it interests you. They will want serial number in the email to match everything up.

-Clint-
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Clint, thanks for the info. Was just curious if we could do a software upgrade for maybe a few hundred dollars to get a couple of the additional features (like you said). But if it means new hardware, I'm sure that would run into the thousands. The machine works fine as it is, it just keeps on keeping on...we'll just keep using it until we can replace the entire thing with a 5x8 machine.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jeremy Schiffer wrote:Clint, thanks for the info. Was just curious if we could do a software upgrade for maybe a few hundred dollars to get a couple of the additional features (like you said). But if it means new hardware, I'm sure that would run into the thousands. The machine works fine as it is, it just keeps on keeping on...we'll just keep using it until we can replace the entire thing with a 5x8 machine.
Jeremy,

Got a rough idea from retrofits, you'd be in it a few thousand, about half the cost of going to latest and greatest. If you want actual numbers feel free to reach out to retrofits. If not, run it till it dies or electronics parts cost more than retro parts.

-Clint-