M61L8 being ignored

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

M61L8 being ignored

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Brand new CS43 for some reason ignoring the pop up and down pin command. There's 19 years between this machine and my C40 so not sure if I'm missing something or not. The commands are there but it skips right over them.

Forrest
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: M61L8 being ignored

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Forrest Chapman wrote:Brand new CS43 for some reason ignoring the pop up and down pin command. There's 19 years between this machine and my C40 so not sure if I'm missing something or not. The commands are there but it skips right over them.

Forrest
Forrest,

CS43s use output 1 for pop up pins. Should need M61L1 and M62L1. You can double check by going to Maintenance, Inputs/Outputs. If you hover over #1 it should say something like Pop Levers. Or you can go to the I/O List and verify there as well.

-Clint-
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Thanks Clint, Daniel helped me sort it a little while ago. What's odd is the machine came with M61L8 set already. For whatever reason we didn't look at it during our test cut. I think we manually popped the pins up and didn't even notice they hadn't gone down.

Forrest
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Forrest Chapman wrote:Thanks Clint, Daniel helped me sort it a little while ago. What's odd is the machine came with M61L8 set already. For whatever reason we didn't look at it during our test cut. I think we manually popped the pins up and didn't even notice they hadn't gone down.

Forrest
Good deal. Each machine gets sent out with default settings for Control Nesting which is set for output 8. If you manually popped them up, any motion away from home along X would kick the pins down automatically so it may have seemed like the program did it.

-Clint-