Ice Cube overheating

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Ice Cube overheating

Post by Forrest Chapman »

We are having an issue with the ac unit on our CS43 getting hot. At the factory default setting of 82 it will get over 100F and set off the alarm. After speaking with the company they suggested turning it down to 70 but it still gets up to 95F by days end. We keep the shop on a steady 75F so I wouldn't think ambient temp is a problem. Just wondering if any of you are experiencing anything similar.

The 20 year old unit on my C40 stays steady at 85 and I've never had to service it.

Forrest
Stuart Douglas
Company Name: Bergman Custom Casework LLC

Re: Ice Cube overheating

Post by Stuart Douglas »

I've never had to mess with the thermostat limits on ours, but I will say that I've had the squirrel-cage blower die a dusty death. I clean the filter daily, and try to blow out the unit often, but the bearings seized in mine after 6 years.

The whole unit is just a heat exchanger with 2 isolated air loops, so if you needed more cooling power you could retrofit to either move MORE air or move COOLER air. Check the internals to make sure they are moving air. When my fan seized, the warning chime was drowned out by the machines and it ran almost all day reading 110+. Never heard it until we shut down for the evening.
NVME SSM2HD 1TB NTFS
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Ice Cube overheating

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Stuart, everything is running properly as much as I can tell (fans and compressor). It's not getting very dusty but we still blow it out every day. It may be low on refrigerant but I haven't had time to have it checked.

Forrest