THM.exe Crashes when Nesting

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Philip Martin
Company Name: Barr Line Woodcraft

THM.exe Crashes when Nesting

Post by Philip Martin »

Hi, I have a CNC with the 91000 Supercontrol running windows 2000 pro. It was working just fine, until yesterday I tried to nest some cabinets. I can open the nesting menu, but when I click "Load" to open a twd file I get the error message "THM.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I have tried restarting the software, restarting the computer etc but it always does the same thing. I can open files from the "Load File" menu and run them, but I cant nest anything. Any ideas? I'm kind of stuck without being able to nest...

Thanks
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: THM.exe Crashes when Nesting

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Philip,

As a quick check, try running the installer for Control Nesting. Installers can be found here https://www.thermwood.com/updates_contr ... g_home.htm. You can run the installer for the version you are on or if you are currently past version 5.59 Patch 3 you can update to latest version. I suspect a corrupt database but the older versions didn't report as well as newer versions. The installer replaces a few of the databases, the rest can be deleted and Control Nesting recreates on its own.

Regards,
Clint
Philip Martin

Post by Philip Martin »

Hi Clint, thanks for your reply. I tried reinstalling Control Nesting, but it still does the same thing. Are there any specific folders I should delete before I reinstall it? I have version 5.59 Patch 3.

Thanks
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Philip,

Make sure to follow the below steps for proper uninstall and reinstall of 5.59 Patch 3.

1. Close down THM. THM must be closed for the installers to work properly.
2. Run the installer for 5.59, choose Remove.
3. Run the installer for 5.59 and let it install.
4. Run the installer for 5.59 Patch 3, choose Remove.
5. Run the installer for 5.59 Patch 3 let it install.
6. Restart THM and see if that corrects the issue.

If not we can throw some files at it.

-Clint-
Philip Martin

Post by Philip Martin »

I just followed those steps and its working again! Just wondering, is there a link somewhere where I can download a new copy of the Supercontrol software itself? The previous owner cloned and replaced the HDD multiple times and I think some windows files are corrupt as well. I would like to try a fresh install of windows and the Supercontrol software on a different HDD if possible to see if that fixes some other glitches I have had.

Philip
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team

Philip,

There is not a download for the software itself. We ship each machine with a restore disk that would restore Windows and the machine files back to what it left her with. If that is not with the machine you should be able to order another through CNC Automation.

-Clint-
Philip Martin

Post by Philip Martin »

Ok, I didn't get the disk so i'll contact CNC automation and get one ordered. Thanks for your help!

Philip
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Curious to know how this pans out. A couple of years ago I tried to use the restore disc on our CS41, and while it did reinstall, Microsoft will no longer activate copies of Win XP, and I imagine Win 2000 is the same. Without being able to do that, the machine becomes an expensive paperweight. Fortunately some time prior to that, a friend had made an exact image of the hard drive, so we were able to use that instead of the restore disc - otherwise it would have been a $10k controller upgrade just to get the machine running again.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Post by Will Williamson »

Microsoft reactivated mine a couple of years ago.
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram