7.04 extra edgebanding images

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

7.04 extra edgebanding images

Post by Tommy Wieler »

Extra edge banding images for multiple materials (requires custom rpt) (ADDED)
I'd be interested in obtaining this custom rpt.
I currently use the RPT attached below. Could it be modified to support these extra images?
Attachments
30252_Address_CabNum_V3.zip
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Tommy Wieler
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Re: 7.04 extra edgebanding images

Post by Tommy Wieler »

Also, on a slightly related note, it would be neat if CN could have an option of prioritizing parts based on edgebanding. We always feed our parts through the edgebander as fast as they come off the CNC, and it saves the operator some frustration if he doesn't have to constantly be switching between edgebanding colors. Right now, we do this in the Priorities window: go through the whole list and manually assign priority to all the drawer box parts (white edging) so they get cut in one batch before switching to the rest of the job, which gets colored edging.

Just thinking out loud, as usual :D
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Tommy Wieler wrote:
Extra edge banding images for multiple materials (requires custom rpt) (ADDED)
I'd be interested in obtaining this custom rpt.
I currently use the RPT attached below. Could it be modified to support these extra images?
Tommy,

If you only wanted the cabinet number and the edgebanding images, it might fit. There isn't really enough room on a label that small for all the information plus images. Potentially a 2x4 label may do it, depending on how you name your edgebanding (longer names, longer text fields that could overlap). Usually the making of custom labels is a charged service unless it is a simple change.

I'll put in your request regarding order of cut related to edgebanding. No guarantees as always.

-Clint-
Joshua Caron
Company Name: Windmill Cabinet Shop LTD

Post by Joshua Caron »

Is there an example of the new edgebanding images, and are they dictated from ecabs? The information would not be available from a .dxf output from CabinetVision?
Jacob Janzen
Company Name: California Closets

Post by Jacob Janzen »

Joshua Caron wrote:Is there an example of the new edgebanding images, and are they dictated from ecabs? The information would not be available from a .dxf output from CabinetVision?
I am really interested in this as well. Is this CabinetVision only?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Joshua Caron wrote:Is there an example of the new edgebanding images, and are they dictated from ecabs? The information would not be available from a .dxf output from CabinetVision?
The images are identical to what they are now, you just have the option to separate into four images with the matching material text. With the standard label formats that exist in the software, there is no indicator as to which banding goes to which edge. This function allows you to have image 1 with image 1 text, then image 2 with image 2 text, etc. Attached is a 2x4 label with the four separate image and text fields. Also attached is the view from Crystal Reports. The fields are the ones surrounded in the blue hash, each a separate field. One is the image, one is text. To the right are the additional fields, one for each side of the part.

The ability to have a part image with material text is eCabinets only. CabinetVision does not generate a part outline with edge banding indicators for its DXF output.

-Clint-
Attachments
CR View.JPG
Sample Label.JPG