Parts flipping on the X axis

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jacob Janzen
Company Name: California Closets

Parts flipping on the X axis

Post by Jacob Janzen »

We've recently updated our Thermwood to version 7.04.

We're now noticing that some of dxf parts are being flipped such that the front becomes the back (Y axis when I view them in CAD, not sure if the machine coordinates are the same) which makes our labels completely wrong with the edgebanding callouts. Does this have to do with the "Optimized Rectangular nesting option. Can offer better yield when parts are dominantly rectangular shaped. (available in Action menu) (ADDED)" feature? We don't have this turned on, but how do I prevent my labels from being useless when the software decides to flip a part? It seems like it wants to flip them when they aren't perfect rectangles, but I'm not 100% sure of that being the cause of the flip.

Thanks,
Jacob
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Parts flipping on the X axis

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jacob,

The rectangular optimization shouldn't be affecting what you are seeing. Can you send an export from Control Nesting, as well a the DXFs causing issue, and a screenshot of the nest you get that is incorrect? You can send all of that to program@thermwood.com Attn Clint.

-Clint-
Jacob Janzen
Company Name: California Closets

Post by Jacob Janzen »

Hi Clint,

Any updates? I sent the requested information in an email.

Thanks,
Jacob
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Jacob Janzen wrote:Hi Clint,

Any updates? I sent the requested information in an email.

Thanks,
Jacob
Jacob,

I don't see any files from you, or any in our spam box. You can zip all of the requested files into a folder and upload it here https://info.thermwood.com/thermwood-file-upload-page. Make sure to put Attn Clint and mention the forum in the Problem Description area.

-Clint-