Wish for color change in LDE

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Wish for color change in LDE

Post by Michael Yeargain »

If I can make another wish without getting shot before Christmas I would like for it to be:

The user ability to select a color for the LDE. Particularly white.

Simple?

With internet and the techknology we have today I spend most of my days at home and on the road to meet with customers. And, I have customers who have asked me if I can take the background color out because it uses a lot of ink.

I know the yellow background is easy on the eyes, But if you take snap shots, and email the images for the customer to print their printer uses so much ink. And, I understand because I go through a lot.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

How are you printing the drawings Mike? Mine always cone out with a white background.

You can always use something like PrimoPDF as your printer and send them a PDF with the images. It will be in black & white.
Attachments
eCabinet Systems - Assembly.pdf
(7.11 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester

Mine come out white if I print them then scan them then send them. But a lot of work and more ink. These drawings are subject to changes with most customers. Which means more ink.

I installed the primo you mentioned earlier in the year and have not used it but once, I guess because I haven't used it it is not a part of my normal every day life and I need to be reminded of this neat feature.

I think the background change would still be nice.
32Gigs DDR4
Corsair RM650
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

PDF is your answer.

You can buy Adobe Acrobat, which will give you lots of capabilities, or you can do any of the .pdf writer downloads such as CutePDF or PDF995, which will work just fine for what you need.

When installed, these file writers will show as available printers when you do the print command, and if selected as \"printer,\" will write your print file in the .pdf format. To solve your ink problem, it can be done in B & W.

The best part of all is that the files never even need to be printed, and thus use valuable ink (black or otherwise), providing your client has a PC with email and an ISP. Simply attach the .pdf file or files to an email, and let the client, not you, run the print.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester

Thanks Gene,

Most of the problem lies with me not using the print to PDF writer. The white background is not a problem if I can train the right side of my brain to use the writer.

The problem with printing in black and white is, I use blue numbers to number the cabinets, and maroon letters for dimensioning the drawings.

I would like to see the letters and numbers alike, have a blank space around them, just to separate the drawings and information a little.

As it stands, unless you make the letters large or in color, you can't see them in the cabinet lines.
32Gigs DDR4
Corsair RM650
Alan Odell

Post by Alan Odell »

i print the leaders in blue and the background is white. I cant remember how i did it. It looks yellow in ecabinets but prints without the yellow background.
Alan Odell

Post by Alan Odell »

i print the leaders in blue and the background is white. I cant remember how i did it. It looks yellow in ecabinets but prints without the yellow background.
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester

It will print out from the printer in white, But if you take a snap shot (picture) the back ground will be yellow. If you print this picture it will print yellow.
32Gigs DDR4
Corsair RM650
Michael Kowalchuk

Post by Michael Kowalchuk »

I just had a few moments to browse the forum, and did a quick test, but with the new version of IrfanView, there's a rudimentary paint portion added.
By selecting the yellow color as the background and white as the forgeround and clicking the appropriate mouse button when using the\"Fill\" tool, you can get a white background on a simple screen capture.

Now you will have to fill EVERY yellow area enclosed by black lines to get white everywhere, but as is, IMHO this saves a majority of ink, and also highlights the assembly.

Test it yourself and see, I just wanted to offer this idea.

MRK
Attachments
Screen capture of idea
Screen capture of idea
ecabs.gif (75.61 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester

That's a great idea! :idea:

Thanks Michael :lol:
32Gigs DDR4
Corsair RM650