Bad count purchased drawerboxes

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gene Davis
Company Name: Gene Davis Builder

Bad count purchased drawerboxes

Post by Gene Davis »

I have two cabinets, both base drawer stacks, identical except one has a finished end and the other does not.

One will not generate correct quantities for drawerboxes only, when I do a batch and look at the buy list.

Download the batch, run a buy list, and look at the difference between how it represents cabinet quantities for drawerfronts versus drawerboxes. There are two each of two cabinets, the batch labels them B1 and B2.

For the drawerfronts, the batching correctly uses the quantity in the batch for each, which is 2. For drawerboxes, though, it only counts 1.
Attachments
test.esj
(7.97 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
Gene Davis

Re: Bad count purchased drawerboxes

Post by Gene Davis »

See attached
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-02 155416.png
Screenshot 2021-10-02 155312.png
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

I have attached the job file, the batch in which cabinet B28, when the buy list is created, the slab drawerfront count is correct, because it uses the cabinet quantity (2) in the batch, but incorrectly returns the drawerbox counts, because it only counts for one (1) and not two (2) cabinets.

What is behind this strange behavior?

The nest runs correctly.
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

I've similar problems in that I check that I want to build my Conestoga, slab drawer faces in house and the material is not included in the cutlist. Doors that are built in house are included. Not sure why this is happening....
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

It boils down to this with me. ANY cabinet with drawerboxes (and mine are all purchased), when in a batch at a quantity more than one, gets its drawerboxes tallied in the buy list just once, while the doors and drawerfronts (also purchased) get tallied correctly.

A base cabinet with one drawer over a door. Purchased drawerfront, purchased door, purchased drawerbox.

Add it to a batch, quantity 2. The buy list shows two drawerfronts, two doors, but only one drawerbox. Attached is a cabinet that behaves this way.

What is it with the cabinet, to cause this behavior?
Attachments
Vanity drawer stack.hsf
(3.28 MiB) Downloaded 148 times
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

Just for the heck of it, I pulled up a three drawer stack and selected alternate price option. When I selected buy, It only showed two drawers, so you're right Gene, it's a bug of some kind. The cost sheet only shows two as well, but the cut list shows three.
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

Thanks for confirming the bug. I can repeat it by scratch-building a cabinet using a Thermwood-provided seed, inserting alternate-source d'boxes, building a new batch with two or more of the cabinet, and running the buy list.

May we have a comment from Thermwood, please? Is this worth addressing?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

I see the same thing here using what we refer to as the "old" Buy List (the one available by selecting the B on the toolbar). I'll report it to the software engineers to fix.

In the mean time, you can use the "new" Buy List that is available in the Item Window. This list is displaying quantities correctly.

-Clint-
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

Thanks, but what is the buy list in the "Item Window?" Is it the per-single-cabinet buy list I access as I show in the attached screencap?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-12 175018.jpg
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

See attached screenshot from the eCabinets help manual.

-Clint-
Attachments
Help Manual.JPG
Gene Davis

Post by Gene Davis »

Thank you, I had not seen that.

You are correct in that it reports quantities correctly when the count on an item in the batch is greater than 1. My only issue with this version of the buy list is that the cabinets IDs are not listed (B2, B3, cabinet name/label . . . )

Now if only I could get the supplier (Walzcraft) to label the purchased parts with my IDs. Wish list stuff.