Installation Key

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal, Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Post Reply
PlatinumDave
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, Oct 10 2025, 1:53PM
Company Name: Platinum Kitchens
Country: CANADA

Installation Key

Post by PlatinumDave »

One of our laptops needs to be wiped and windows re-installed from scratch. (I will try repair option first but I believe it'll need a complete wipe and reinstall.)

I have never had luck with E-Cab and on replacing, upgrading hardware etc have always had to get the company admin to get me a new key after installing. Is there anything I can do before wiping (This is the first time we can still get into the laptop lol) so that I can just use the same key again? Anytime I've tried to use the key previous it won't allow me and I need a new one issued. It seems impractical to have so many issued (3 or 4) so far for the same employee.

Thanks for any advice. (I even tried to name the PC the same name as before )
Dave Snowdon
Platinum Kitchens
Summerside, Prince Edward Island
Canada
platinumkitchensdave@gmail.com
Platinum Kitchens Facebook Page
PlatinumDave
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, Oct 10 2025, 1:53PM
Company Name: Platinum Kitchens
Country: CANADA

Re: Installation Key

Post by PlatinumDave »

Just wondering if anyone might have some insight ? If not no worries we'll just contact to revoke old keys and issue new ones if needed.

Thanks for any input :)

Dave.
Dave Snowdon
Platinum Kitchens
Summerside, Prince Edward Island
Canada
platinumkitchensdave@gmail.com
Platinum Kitchens Facebook Page
User avatar
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Posts: 787
Joined: Fri, May 15 2015, 1:21PM
Company Name: Thermwood Corp
Country: UNITED STATES

Re: Installation Key

Post by Clint Buechlein »

Usually you can't reuse the key, even if the computer is named the same. If you email the registration code you are using I can reset it though so it can be used again and you don't have to request another. Email it to cabinets@thermwood.com, just put something about this forum post in the subject so I know for sure what it is.

-Clint-
Post Reply