Dowels in eCab - labels

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

DanFecteau
eCabinets Beta Tester

Dowels in eCab - labels

Post by DanFecteau »

Hi guys. We will change our cabinets assembly from blind dados to dowels. I heard that some of you use modified knock down assembly to machine parts. Is there anyway to indicate on labels wich parts needs to go to the dowel machine ?

Any project to incorporate dowels assembly in eCab in a near future ?
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Re: Dowels in eCab - labels

Post by Clint Buechlein »

You can change the user part name to something with exclamation points to make it easier for those labeling to see they need to go to the dowel machine. In the past we have made a custom label for a customer that when they added a # character followed by text, the text was converted to a barcode to be scanned at the dowel machine. The text I believe told the dowel machine what size the part is, or the hole count, not 100% on that. He knew what he needed to put after to get the dowel machine to read it.

No current plans to add dowel construction. Plans always change, but I can never make any guarantees.

-Clint-
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Dowels in eCab - labels

Post by Forrest Chapman »

I'm not going to be of much help but Ecabs did dowel construction for the first few years. I would think the "User Defined Operations" is your best option for applying them now.

Forrest