Mozaik

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Mozaik

Post by Forrest Chapman »

Is anyone using Control Nesting to nest and cut files from Mozaik? Have clients wanting me to cut from their designs but I don't want to use their Gcode so I'm wondering if it outputs a readable parts file.

Forrest
Will Williamson
Guru Member
Company Name: Williamson Finewoodwork

Re: Mozaik

Post by Will Williamson »

I heard that once upon a time Moziak and Thermwood had a falling out
and the owner of Mozaik would not make a PP for their software to run on Thermwood
But who know that was 10 or 15 years ago call Moziak let me know how it shakes out
Will

http://www.willmade.com

KEG/Intel Core i 7 CPU K875 @ 2.93 GHZ/12G Ram
Dual boot XP PRO/Windows 7 Nvidia Quatro 600 1Gig Ram
Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Forrest Chapman »

They don't have a PP listed for Thermwood so maybe so but I want to use CN for nesting and code anyway. As of now CN can load files from Cabinet Vision, CabnetWare, KCDw all MDB files and 20/20 CAD file. Just curious if Mozaik outputs a readable file. I'll have to dig into with them unless Thermwood jumps in with an answer.

Forrest
Clint Buechlein
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corp

Post by Clint Buechlein »

I have not yet heard of an output from Mozaik that goes in to Control Nesting. Cabinet Vision does it by creating layered DXFs for each part and a .CSV file. KCD and 20/20 create an MDB file that has all the part in formation.

Mozaik was semi-recently sold and are now working with us. We have received requests from customers for machine information and sample code to create a post for Mozaik.

If I were in Forrest's shoes I'd want the same thing. It is usually difficult for non machine owners to get their head wrapped around tool numbers and where at to be in space. Easier to let Control Nesting handle all of it. I just haven't heard of anyone working on it, nor has Mozaik reached out for what they would need to do.

-Clint-
David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Post by David Giesbrecht »

We are also real interested in the Mozaik link. They are trying to build us a post processor but are having a bad time of it! Not real enthused about that anyway as it only generates G code for one sheet per file. Would love to stay with eCabinets but the 3D drawing and pricing are the issues. The pricing I think we could make work eventually but the Mouldings are bad in 3D drawing. End up having to draw a display block for mouldings and then every dimension change get to be a head ache for the more challenged with CAD.
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD
Will Williamson
Guru Member

Get your self, a copy of Aspire or V Carve Pro best molding tool around. Easy to design and toolpath.
Will

David Giesbrecht
Company Name: Silverpine Cabinets

Post by David Giesbrecht »

I'm talking for custom cabinet parts, gables, bottoms and backs, drawer boxes in different lengths and millimeter width and height increments. Every cabinet is slightly different so it is impossible to setup DXF templates as well...
David Giesbrecht
Inter(R) Core(TM) i7-7700CPU OC@ 4.8 GHz
8.00 GB DDR5 2133MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Z270x-Gaming 5 MOBO
1TB Samsung 960PRO SSD
Will Williamson
Guru Member

I don't do any, Cabinet work. I hate working in peoples, Kitchens and Bath Rooms.
I use E cabinets, to make boxes. for instance, when I make a Celebrants, Chair
I make a custom box, for the arms, another Box, for the seat and another for the back.
And I use Aspire for the Furniture, design and to create the DXF file for the custom boxes.
Will