Having Trouble Adjusting Partition

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Schmidt

Having Trouble Adjusting Partition

Post by Dave Schmidt »

I am having a problem to adjust a partition. I install the partition and it automatically seems to center itself in the middle of the cabinet ends. This seems to be ok however, when I attempt to change the values so I can position the partition where I want it to be, I get no results. It will not move regardless of what kind of values I put in. This one is a puzzle. Help is appreciated. :? :?
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Dave, are you selecting the opening you want to change before you input the numbers? Also dont forget to hit the enter key.
Joe
Michael Rice

Post by Michael Rice »

Dave
Be sure to highlight the opening to one side or the other of the partition, type in the opening width you desire, then hit enter. The partition should move to the width you entered. You can also move it manually by highlighting the partition, hold down shift key, place the pointer on the partition, hold down left mouse button, and move it left or right.

Mike
It's what you do, with what you got !
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

Maybe the short video I attach will help with the visuals. I included adding one partition, and several shelves.

Previous posts have already explained the following better:

After adding either a partition or a shelf, first select the item within the appropriate editor (Shelf/Partition Editor, for example) by clicking once on it, and, while pressing the SHIFT key, use the mouse to drag the item to position it. The same goes for shelves.

I don't know if the image quality is good enough when playing this at Full Size, as the encoder in Photobucket did something to the *.wmv file... :? You may have to temporarily allow pop-ups, and select Full Size at the bottom-right of the image in Photobucket in order to see everything properly.

Al

Edit to add: The codec instruction suggests to use 800 x 600 screen resolution to view the video file full-screen. I have a feeling it has to do with the lossy conversion.

Last edited by Al Navas on Sun, Aug 05 2007, 9:35PM, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Slick video Al! Although you don't need to initially hilite and move the shelf or partition. All that's needed is to hilite the opening and enter the value you would like it to be.
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

OK, Rick. I wanted to do the whole thing using hi-tech 8) :lol: . But, per your suggestion, and to make sure the illustrated technique is complete, I attach the alternative way - using the dialog box to adjust the partition opening.

Al

Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hey Al, I wasn't trying to knock your presentation, I think it was great. :) I can see this being a useful tool in the more challenging areas of the software (ie PE cuts, etc).
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Al Navas »

I know you weren't, Rick. I was just pulling your chain :D :D . BUT your suggestion was great, and the alternate way of doing it with the dialog box completed the demo nicely. Thanks for mentioning it.

I agree - this would be a terrific way of illustrating techniques in the Part Editor (especially the Part Editor).

Al