Conestoga Rustic Cherry Wood Species

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Vince Lisanti

Conestoga Rustic Cherry Wood Species

Post by Vince Lisanti »

Hello Guys ,

I was wondering if anyone has ever done a job using outsourced parts from Conestoga using Rustic Cherry as the wood species? This is for a kitchen and my customer chose the Natural Cherry with Brown glaze and wants rustic. ( This is a Ranch House on a Horse Farm) I ordered a door sample and put a code red on it, but would still like some feedback from others who may have used this before . Basically I am wondering the level of rusticness ( if thats a word ? ) Any knots falling out, sapwood to heartwood ratios, etc... I spoke to the dealer rep. and he said that Conestoga is not as Rustic as some other companies out there. (I am not sure what that means)

I am just concerned that the door I recieve and have her sign off on, might not be a good representation of what the overall job will be like setting me up for potential problems.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vince Lisanti
Michael Yeargain
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Timeless Cabinetry and Mantles

Post by Michael Yeargain »

Vince,

I would order one of the doors in the finish your customer wants. And if there is a problem with the finish or door style it will minimize the loss.

I have not ordered doors from them due to the turn around time. I hope the time frame can be worked into the schedule. I have heard they have a great product.
Intel Core i7-5820K (6-Cores, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache)
32Gigs DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
SSD 840 256Gig, 2TB, 3TB, Samsung (2TB)
Corsair RM650