Pull Hole Hardware Association

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Todd Stradling

Pull Hole Hardware Association

Post by Todd Stradling »

I have a job that requires recessed pulls in the doors and drawer fronts. We don't see them much any more but it was a common thing in commercial cabinetry 15-20 years ago and that appears to be what I'm matching. I have drawn the hole(s) pattern in the Hardware Hole Editor but it won't let me associate the pattern to a pull. I want the CNC to cut the holes out for me so I don't have to make a jig like the "olden days". Any Ideas??
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Pull Hole Hardware Association

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Todd, you can take the door -drawer front to the part editor, cut the recess you require then set constraints, and save this as a seed cabinet. This should work fine.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Todd, the problem is the MDF doors are not supported in the part editor.
Todd Stradling

Post by Todd Stradling »

I do mostly commercial cabinets so the doors are laminate plastic doors that are nested and cut out as part of the job. I am suprized that the program doesn't let you associate a hole pattern for pulls like you would do for hinges and slides. :?
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Todd, you should be able to use a slab door and set your edge band thickness to your laminate thickness. That should give you your door size before PL.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

you could use a cabinet back as your door and delete all the other parts. This would allow you to make any part editor cuts. Set you constraints and save the part. This way you can resize and batch your doors to cut.
Damon Nabors
Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good morning
A while ago we did a job and all the doors where PVC pressed doors so we did not make them ourselves, but the hole house had finger pulls, and that we had to cut-out. What I did , I go to E-cabinets made a part that looks and is just as big as the finger pull with the cut-out. Go to control nesting - setting - make a tick next to "nest to the edge of the sheet" and "no outline cuts"
Make sure you pocket tool in setting is the right one(I used a 4mm). Now nest the part(mine you could hardly see, 47mm X 60mm) write cnc code. Load a door in the G902. In the code window scroll down to where it says "SET XSHIFT = 2750.000" and "SET YSHIFT = 1830.000" Now the bottom right side of the finger pull was to be 680mm from the bottom of the door and 18mm from the side(for a left hand door) Now just increase the XSHIFT with 680 and the YSHIFT with 18 and there you go! With righthand doors -messure from the edge to the other side of the door where you want the finger pull and increase the YSHIFT value with that amount.