inset door bead

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

dan fentie

inset door bead

Post by dan fentie »

New to the software, can you do an inset molding on face frames for inset doors? and if so how?
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

Dan,

The answer to your question is yes. It is done in the part editor. Probably not the first thing I would want to tackle if just beginning to learn the software.
dan fentie

Post by dan fentie »

that is good to hear, I might be new but I am learning fast, I used CV for 6 years and was very proficient in it, I use to build thousands of mantels per year and had CV set up to do amazing things with my designs. China has consumed the mantel business in north america, so I am doing mostly kitchens now and not locked into CV and all there upgrade charges, I have also fininshed 3 days of training at CNC Automation. Doing it in the part editor does sound very time consuming if you are talking about a whole kitchen. I was thinking of designing a door that has the bead on it for renderings.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Dan
This is the way I do it for rendering
I have the frames set up all the time(I can resizes them anytime any size)
Take everything off just keep the face frame_3/8\"w and keep depth at 24\"
Attachments
Shot2.jpg
Shot2.jpg (133.36 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
Beaded Cabinet D.jpg
Beaded Cabinet D.jpg (86.36 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
B.jpg
B.jpg (155.55 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

How I set the frames in
and how I get door opening size
Attachments
Back .jpg
Back .jpg (134.53 KiB) Viewed 6872 times
Shot3.jpg
Shot3.jpg (50.36 KiB) Viewed 6872 times
Shot1.jpg
Shot1.jpg (107.44 KiB) Viewed 6872 times
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Dan,

I know some shops actually cut the bead on the face frame, some shops add a beaded molding. I do a combination to avoid haunch cuts.

Are you looking for the quickest way to graphically represent the bead? If so, take the rails and stiles into the part editor and run a simple radius tool along the edge, making sure to create a path to start/stop where the rails intersect the stiles.

Click here to read a post from a year ago covering this topic/process.

Mike
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Another way to show the bead as a molding and have it show up on the cut list is to take your seed cabinet to the face frame editor open construction settings, set add mid rail inset to negitive .375 left and right for 3/8 bead. On page 2 set the add mid stile and rail to .375 width, I change the material to one of a slightly different color fo it to show up better,hit ok. On your cabinet select an opening, add a mid stile, select the opening on the left of it and change the opening width to 0, add another, select the opening on the right of it set it to 0. Do the same to the mid rails. Repeat for any other openings. In the door editor set up whatever inset and gaps you like. This will give you a square edge but if you need to show a closeup of the molding you can take it to the part editor to shape and/or miter it. Save it as a new seed everything will resize.
Joe
Geo Noeth

Post by Geo Noeth »

Dan,
Sorry if my original response insulted your ability. I don't know if you just learned anything but I sure did. Best of luck as you get your sea legs with e-cabs.
dan fentie

Post by dan fentie »

geo neoth
don't worry I was not insultated, and yes i did learn something, I love this forum.