Noobee with a question?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dave Monk

Noobee with a question?

Post by Dave Monk »

I hope this is not a totally stupid question but I am just beginning to try to learn this program. Totally intimidating. I am triing to put a top on a cabinet with a 2\" overhang on both sides and the front. I will put my crown under that. Looking through the manual is like looking for a needle in the haystack. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, dave
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dave,
Open your cabinet in the cabinet editor
Click on Construction Settings
Under the Top Tab Select Top Flush using the Placement Drop Down Menu
Under Front inset enter a value of -2 3/4\" (if this is a frame less cabinet enter -2\")
Enter a value of -2\" under Left and right insets
If this is a face frame cabinet click on the face frame tab and enter a value of -3/4\" in the Top Rail/Outside Scribe box
click OK and you will have your cabinet

Kerry
Attachments
top.jpg
top.jpg (55.57 KiB) Viewed 3569 times
Al Navas
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Noobee with a question?

Post by Al Navas »

Dave Monk wrote:I hope this is not a totally stupid question but I am just beginning to try to learn this program. Totally intimidating...
Dave,

Welcome to the forum!

Please, understand that the ONLY stupid question is one you don't ask. No matter how simple it appears, if YOU don't know HOW to do something in the program, regardless of how much you have tried, you must get comfortable and simply post your item here. THIS is THE best support you can anywhere, at any cost/price. AND, it is FREE to us, as users.

And... Psssttt! - Kerry is absolutely THE top user of the eCabinet Systems software - you can tell your buddies about this, as you were honored, indeed!!!

Al
http://sandal-woodsblog.com
Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
Dave Monk

Post by Dave Monk »

Thanks for the help!! dave